Nestled on its own sandy beach by the blue waters of Discovery Bay, A Summer Place is a spacious and playful family home. The design is of typical Caribbean gingerbread style with hand-carved fretwork trimming the length of the house.
Nestled on its own sandy beach by the blue waters of Discovery Bay, A Summer Place is a spacious and playful family home. Read More
All around are mesmerizing panoramas of azure water and lush green hills. Multicolored bougainvillea, hibiscus, sea grape, almond, ginger lilies and coconut adorn the manicured grounds. A large side yard invites playful children to romp to their hearts' content.
Mouth watering home-cooked meals include Jamaican, American and Continental specialties. Memorable meals are served on the terrace or in the more formal dining area on a 250-year-old family heirloom table that seats 14. On special occasions, dinner is served in the pool gazebo or in the main gazebo at the end of the jetty. The waterfront gazebo is also a favorite spot for massages, cocktails and watching glorious sunsets across the bay.
From the pool terrace, it's only a few steps onto the 100' white sand beach. Guests are invited to use the snorkeling equipment and sea kayaks for great fun on the beautiful water here.
If you ever wish to leave A Summer Place during your vacation, colorful Ocho Rios is just 25 minutes east of Discovery Bay.
Six large bedrooms are in the main house. Each bedroom offers state-of-the-art remote control air conditioning, fine linens and a cheerful assortment of colors. A seventh bedroom is in the converted garage nearby.
Kingsize carved mahogany 4-poster bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and separate tub,
his and hers vanities. Television and VCR. Balcony with sea view.
Bedroom 2 ~ Purple Room
Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with tub/shower combination. Balcony with sea view.
Bedroom 3 ~ Cream Room
Optional kingsize or twin beds. Large bathroom with tub/shower combination.
Television and VCR. Balcony with mountain and sea view.
Bedroom 4 ~ Yellow Room
Kingsize bed + bunk beds for 2 children. Children's bathrobes.
En-suite bathroom with tub/shower combination. Walk-in closet. Television and VCR. Mountain and sea view.
Bedroom 5 ~ Green Room
Two queensize beds. Large bathroom with Jacuzzi, separate shower,
bidet, his and her vanities. Television and VCR. Mountain and sea view.
Bedroom 6 ~ White Room - the only downstairs bedroom
Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with tub/shower combination. Opens to lower verandah and pool terrace.
Television and VCR.
Bedroom 7 ~ Garage conversion beyond porte-cochere.
Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with tub/shower combination. Small porch on the lawn.
Town: 3 minute walk to Discovery Bay, 25 minutes via driver to Ocho Rios
Airport: 60 minutes to MBJ via driver Read Less
- 9 baths
- Internet: High speed wireless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- deluxe 7-bedroom, 9-bathroom beachfront villa on Discovery Bay
- staff of 5: butler, cook, housekeeper, laundress, gardener
- 100' private beach and over-the-water gazebo
- 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor living space
- 16' x 32' swimming pool
- poolside bar
- private tennis court lit for night play
- air-conditioned gym with treadmill and elliptical machine
- complimentary international calls to US, Canada and land lines in the UK
- sea kayaks, snorkeling equipment, pool floats
- DSS satellite dish, televisions, VCR, video library, CD player
- complimentary laptop computer and DSL Internet connection
- wonderful for families ~ children welcome!
- 2 cribs and 2 high chairs
- cot that a toddler can sleep on that uses crib-size mattress