Calypso is a charming open-air villa adjacent to the 16th hole of the championship Tryall golf course. Spacious grounds are graced by palm, lime, avocado, grapefruit, papaya, and poinciana trees, brilliant hibiscus and bougainvillea, and a beautiful lavender orchid tree. Read More
Colorful sofas and Queen Anne tables are under a dramatically high rafter-and-beam ceiling and stunning custom-crafted chandelier. Adjacent is a small television study with French doors to a shaded grove. Distinctive in Calypso is a singular collection of marvelous paintings of birds and flowers by renowned artists Guy Harvey and Frank Bernal. Beauitiful images of wild parrots and hummingbirds in flight bring Jamaican nature into every room. Smiles are elicited by humorous works by the late Jonathan Routh, artist and creator of Candid Camera years ago in the UK.
From the living room, an 18-foot window wall opens to the large pool terrace paved in a pattern of circular brick. At the far side of the pool is a terraced brick waterfall from which crystal clear water cascades into the pool below.
While the pool and open terrace enjoy all-day sunshine, deep eaves provide shade over a casual wicker sitting area, games table, breakfast table and dining table. Graceful pink bougainvillea adorn the terrace. On request, the staff will serve dinner on the north pool terrace under a stunning star-filled sky.
Just beyond the pool terrace is a wonderful wide lawn where children love to romp. The orchard on the south lawn provides oranges for fresh-squeezed juice each morning, tangerines, orangerines, limes, custard apples and the best home-made marmalade of papaya, mango and ackee.
While private and self-contained, Calypso is only minutes from The Tryall's golf and tennis pro shops, beach club, boutique,art gallery, Kids Club, bar and restaurant ... easily reached by the Club's shuttle or Calypso's own complimentary carts. The Great House verandah is legend for its 4:00 tea and sweets and Monday Manager's Cocktail Party with open bar and excellent hors d'oeuvres prepared by the Head Chef.
For larger groups, Calypso can be rented with its neighboring villa, Seafore, for a combined total of eight bedrooms, two pools and staff of ten including two cooks. All guests may enjoy meals together at either villa.
Four bedrooms feature new fabrics and bright, renovated bathrooms. Louvred windows allow cross breezes of the tradewinds. Each bedroom has a cable television, closet safe, ceiling fan, state-of-the-art quiet remote control air conditioning and en-suite private bathroom.
Master Bedroom ~ White Room 400 sq ft
Kingsize bed, cable television; walk-in closet. Glamorous 170-sq-ft en-suite bathroom handsomely tiled in glass block and Italian marble; 7-ft long mirrored double vanity; bathtub plus separate marble walk-in shower.
Bedroom 2 ~ Blue Room 290 sq ft
Optional kingsize or twin beds; cable television. En-suite bathroom has tub-shower combination.
Bedroom 3 ~ Flowered Room 195 sq ft
Optional kingsize or twin beds; cable television. En-suite bathroom has walk-in marble and glass block shower. An interior passageway connects Bedroom 3 to Bedroom 4 for a convenient parent-child combination if desired. Connecting door can remain open or closed.
Bedroom 4 ~ Red Room 400 sq ft
Optional kingsize or twin beds; cable television ;en-suite bathroom has tub and shower combination. An interior passageway connects Bedroom 4 to Bedroom 3 for a convenient parent-child combination if desired. Connecting door can remain open or closed.
- 4 baths
- Air conditioning
- Internet: High speed wireless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- 4-bedroom private villa at the famous Tryall Club
- uniquely located next to the 16th hole of the championship Tryall golf course
- staff of five: butler, cook, housekeeper, laundress, gardener
- 30' circular pool with shallow ledge for children
- tennis racquets and balls
- iPod dock, CD player, DVD, 5 flat screen cable televisions
- TV study and wet bar
- Italian tile and marble renovated bathrooms
- barbeque (or BBQ)
- two complimentary golf carts for transport throughout the Tryall Club
- complimentary wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
- bedroom safes for valuables
- multi-year winner of "Best Staff at the Tryall Club" award
- Tryall Club Temporary Membership Fee (see paragraph below) *
- The Tryall Club membership: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, new Usain Bolt Games Room for kids, teens adults, jogging trail, afternoon tea Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon spa, bars restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri