Coconut Cottage is a very private 5-bedroom cottage nestled into an acre on a gentle hillside that was the original 500-acre plantation of Round Hill Estate. Set in a storybook wooded lot, the villa accommodates couples and families in three bedrooms in the Main House and two more bedrooms in the Cottage just a few yards away. Read More
Thoroughly upgraded and tastefully redecorated in 2013, today’s Coconut is a brilliant testimony that wonderful old Colonial charm can co-exist seamlessly with contemporary comforts and amenities.
Situated to take advantage of the trade winds, the villa overlooks the stunning east view of the Caribbean Sea and Montego Bay. A new pool deck and wonderful fresh-water swimming pool are a few steps down from the verandah and offer an impressive, uninterrupted sea view clear to the horizon. Colorful new tropical landscaping adorns the grounds. Coconut’s own organic garden provides fresh basil, parsley, beans, tomatoes, scotch bonnet, mangoes, coconuts, breadfruit, “uglyfruit” and, of course, ackee (Jamaican’s national dish).
Inside, the stylishly renovated living room is the center of the Main House. Like all three bedrooms in the Main House, the living room opens to the covered furnished long verandah and “that view.” In open-space plan, a comfy nook with cable TV, bar and ceiling-to-floor library shelves form an indoor entertainment area.
Mealtime at Coconut merits special mention. Chef’s Special is an eponymous Coconut Basa as many times as you want it this week! On place settings of Christofle silver and Wedgwood china, memorable meals are created by talented Chef Leighton and served by ever-smiling Butler Allan. (Although Allan is always standing by, adults and children alike love to summon him with the antique dinner bell from France that sits on the Queen Anne dining table.) A few guest favorites are Leighton’s bbq jerk pork chops, bananas flambé, all-day-every-day chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies, and a homemade ice cream cake that kids beg for “just one more time.” Guests actually applaud Leighton’s meals.
But mealtimes are also memorable thanks to the very location of Coconut. Complementing marvelous meals is the undeniably romantic view over the sea to the east. After dusk, the lights of passing cruise ships and of the town of Montego Bay across the sea sparkle like a distant diamond necklace. When the moon is full, it seems to drift directly toward Coconut and turns the sea to silver. Mesmerizingly beautiful.
In 2013, all rooms were redecorated in designer fabrics. All bedrooms have state-of-the-art split system quiet air conditioning, ceiling fans and new en-suite bathrooms with bathtub/shower combinations. Hair dryers and Aromapothecary toiletries are complimentary.
4-poster bed in large corner room. Flat screen cable TV. Wide louvered doors opening to verandah.
Bedrooms 2 3
Queensize mahogany 4-poster beds with double doors to verandah, garden and pool areas. Side by side and accessed from the same covered walkway, a convenient pair of adjacent rooms to accommodate families.
2 queensize hand-crafted 4-poster beds in large suite. Flat screen cable TV. View of sea and rolling countryside. En-suite bathroom with teak vanities and vessel sinks. This room connects to Bedroom 5.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, sea view. En-suite bathroom with teak vanities and vessel sinks. This room connects to Bedroom 4.
Cottage bedrooms can be made private from one another by locking the connecting door … or accessible to one another to create a convenient family suite of two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
For larger groups, combine Coconut with sister villa Almond Hill. Within walking distance yet also quite private, pairing the two will create nine bedrooms, two swimming pools, and a combined staff of thirteen. Both villas come with membership at Round Hill for beach, tennis and other activities.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that Round Hill beach membership will be available after October 30, 2014.
A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast. Round Hill offers a jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, beach bar, piano bar, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party, Continental cuisine in the hotel restaurant ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace. For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, tennis courts, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, a range of water sports and parties (Monday beach party and Friday Jamaica Night).
Note: Round Hill will be closed September 8 to October 14, 2015
Round Hill was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world." Read Less
- 5.5 baths
- Air conditioning
- Pool: Heated
- Internet: High speed wireless
- DVD Player
- 5-bedroom newly-renovated cottage 1 minute from Round Hill (3-bedroom Main House + 2-bedroom Cottage)
- 5 en-suite bathrooms plus convenient powder room
- full staff: chef, butler, housekeeper, gardener, laundress, night watchman
- fresh water pool
- child friendly: one crib and high chair, connecting bedrooms, basketball hoop, DVD’s for kids, swings under mango tree
- wi-fi and internet access - remember to bring your own laptop
- complimentary cell phone
- cable television
- iPod docks
- professional ping-pong table
- locking area for valuables
- ROUND HILL MEMBERSHIP: complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents children, jogging trail, Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: Pineapple Kids Club, fitness room, tennis, hair salon spa, bars restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri
- TRYALL CLUB MEMBERSHIP: complimentary beach, tennis (Nova Cushion clay), gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, new Usain Bolt Games Room for kids, teens adults, jogging trail, afternoon tea 4 p.m. daily, Manager's Cocktail Party every Monday. For various fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, salon spa, bars restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports, beach parties Wed (Beach BBQ) Fri (Reggae Night).
- (Coconut is 1 minute from Round Hill, 10 minutes from the Tryall Club)