Built in the 1940‘s by the Duke of Marlborough, Drambuie Estate is a slice of old Jamaica when lively drawing room conversation and gracious service ruled the day in an extraordinary private setting. Today this remarkable hideaway retains many exquisite original features plus contemporary amenities of air conditioned bedrooms, cable televisions and Internet access ~ the best of both worlds from two centuries.
Drambuie is exquisitely furnished with Chinese rugs; original art; 1930’s French posters; carved sculpture from Jamaica, England, China and Africa; and Chippendale and Queen Anne treasures ~ complemented by casual wicker verandah furnishings. Read More
The Drambuie chef indulges guests in many specialties including Seafood Royale (fish, lobster and shrimp in cream sauce), Quesadillas, Lobster Thermador, Sweet Sour Pork, Key Lime Pie, Banana Pudding, Crepes ~ and artistic presentation at every meal, served on Wedgwood bone china. The night view from the dinner table is incredible, beautiful beyond words.
Cut stone walls brought from England 200 years ago as ship’s ballast comprise the 18-inch walls of the Main House. Vaulted ceilings are 16 feet high. Floors are cool tiles from England, Mexico and South America. The Main House consists of the Great Room with pool table, large screen television, VCR and sound system; inlaid games table for chess, checkers or backgammon; and comfortable sitting area. French doors open to a 330’ wrap-around stone verandah furnished with al fresco dining tables, wicker sitting area, tempting hammock and lawn leading to the pool. Through tall mahogany doors is the large master bedroom suite. Also in this building are the powder room, butler’s pantry and kitchen.
A tiled path leads 30 feet from the Main House to The Cottage. Here are three more bedrooms which can be connecting for parents and children or kept private via locking doors. A furnished verandah fronts The Cottage. Nine steps down from The Cottage is the fifth bedroom, an intimate hideaway for two.
The Drambuie staff are delighted to take guests on property tours to explain how the estate operates and to point out the many varieties of tropical flora, fauna and birds that thrive here.
Drambuie’s complimentary fulltime driver will handle all airport transfers as well as excursions to beaches, water sports outlets, restaurants, shops and various tour destinations. Guests are asked to tip their driver locally.
Drambuie’s staff and owners love their dogs, free to run the property if you wish. They are calm, friendly and gentle with children. On request, the dogs can be kept in their large fenced yard all day during your vacation.
Drambuie is an exquisite wedding and honeymoon location.
Five bedrooms are privately located under three separate roofs and are accessed by connecting pathways. All five bedrooms feature air conditioning, cable television, boom box and mini-fridge stocked daily with ice and drinks. All bathrooms are en-suite and provide hairdryers. There are 4 additional twin beds available upon request at no extra charge.
Master Bedroom - 22' x 30'
Kingsize 4-poster antique canopy bed; large en-suite bathroom with dressing corridor, double vanity, bidet, glass-walled walk-in shower, sunken tub and fanciful etched-glass mirrored walls and ceiling. A mahogany desk holds the computer with complimentary Internet access. French doors open to the verandah, lawn, pool and breathtaking view.
Bedrooms 2, 3 4
Kingsize beds; en-suite bathrooms with tub-shower combinations. Green Room and Blue Room are 14' x 18'. Yellow (middle) Room is 18' x 18'. All three bedrooms have connecting doors which can be locked for privacy or unlocked for families with children. Bedroom 2 can be converted to twin beds.
Queensize bed; en suite bathroom with tub-shower combination. Twelve louvered doors open the west wall to a wrap-around verandah with breakfast table, sitting area and hammock overlooking a cool green ravine. Private 14' x 24' hideaway ideal for honeymooners. Read Less
- 5.5 baths
- Air conditioning
- Internet: High speed wireless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- deluxe 7,200-square-foot 5-bedroom villa
- located 1,500 feet above sea level on beautiful 35-acre hillside estate
- staff of 7: chef, butler, housekeeper, laundress, gardeners, night watchman
- 28’ x 65’ private pool and adjacent shaded lunch pavilion
- DVD, VCR’s and 6 cable televisions
- 32" Flat screen TV in the middle room of the Cottage
- 40" Flat screen in the Master suite
- 50" Smart TV in the Great Room
- sound system and CD players
- pool table, ping pong, croquet, books, games, videos, large cassette and CD collection
- complimentary ADSL Internet access, plus wireless network for laptop users (bring your laptop)
- complimentary international phone calls to the United States, Canada and the UK
- massage tables
- breathtaking views day and night
- complimentary fulltime private driver and air-conditioned van for excursions to the beach, etc.
- The Tryall Club membership: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, new Usain Bolt Games Room for kids, teens adults, jogging trail, afternoon tea Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon spa, bars restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri