Named "one of the best villas in the world" by Islands magazine, August 2010
On a stunning promontory, once the site of an old stone fort, sits a remarkable Premier home named Fortlands Point. From its breathtaking location on the tip of the peninsula, the commanding view encompasses the turquoise water of Discovery Bay on one side and the deep blue Caribbean Sea on the other. Read More
Textures of teak, cedar, Italian tile and Persian rugs complement the dramatic architecture. With families in mind, seven bedrooms (including two specifically for children) have been thoughtfully designed on individual split levels. The comfortable verandah is complete with black granite bar, icemaker and television. Sunset cocktail hours here drift into leisurely long dinners under the stars on any of five open-air dining areas. Inside is the formal dining room with 100-year-old 12' mahogany heirloom table. As a special treat, the staff will serve dinner on the very point itself, followed by a seaside bonfire if you wish ~ evenings to treasure and remember.
Seven old cannons dot the two-acre grounds. Across the lawn is the indoor glass-backed squash court. The adjacent mirrored fitness room includes a universal weight machine and elliptical cycle in a breezy space with a wonderful view of the sea.
Child friendly, Fortlands Point offers two complimentary portacribs, one high chair and games for children (and adults too). The DSS satellite television system includes Disney and and other children's programming. In the yard are two swings, one set of rings, a slide and a mini-tree house.
Living room, verandah, bar with television, sound system, outside dining areas, inside formal dining room, kitchen with 6-burner gas stove, walkway to staff quarters. All rooms open to wide stone terrace, swimming pool and hot tub. Four steps down to lawn, three steps down to main beach on the bay. Across the lawn, four steps down to two more beaches on the sea.
Bedroom 1 - Baron's Room
Custom-designed mahogany kingsize bed (Baron's bed) plus daybed, television, French doors to furnished terrace and lawn, sea view, en-suite bathroom with bidet and tub-shower combination. Wheelchair accessible bedroom and terrace via ramped entrance and wide doorways.
Bedroom 2 - East Ocean View Room
Kingsize bed, sea view, French doors to furnished balcony, walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with bidet and tub - shower combination
Bedroom 3 - Queen Room
Queensize 4-poster bed, sea view, en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination
Bedroom 4 - Boys' Room
Optional kingsize or twin beds for adults or children, en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination
Bedroom 5 - Captain's Room
Named for its prow-of-ship views. Kingsize 4-poster bed, television, walk-in closet, spacious en-suite bathroom with double-basin vanity, bidet, large walk-in shower with 2 showerheads and 3 waterjet body massagers
Comfortable sitting room with large surround-sound television, DVD player, balcony and sea view
Bedroom 6 - Attic Room
Large loft bedroom under high peaked ceiling. Kingsize bed, walk-in closet, spacious bathroom with bidet and large walk-in shower (big enough for two) with 2 showerheads and 3 waterjet body massagers. Sea view from bedroom, bathroom and shower
Bedroom 7 - Girls' Room/Child's Loft
Twin beds with trundles in small cute room under peaked ceiling, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
All bedrooms feature state-of-the-art remote control air conditioners and ceiling fans.
All bathrooms are fitted with stainless steel Kohler fixtures.
Homeowner requests that guests do not smoke in the bedrooms. Several balconies and other outdoor spaces are available.
The Wine Cellar
Fortlands Point has its own limited wine cellar.
- 7.5 baths
- Air conditioning
- Internet: High speed wireless
- DVD Player
- 7 bedroom 14,000-sq-ft Premier villa on 3 acres at the tip of a stunning Caribbean peninsula
- 3 beaches, complimentary sea kayaks, floating bar, hammocks, barbecue grill
- protected reefs for wonderful snorkeling ... fins, masks and snorkels provided
- mirrored fitness room
- private squash court ~ racquets and balls provided
- new 4-hole synthetic putting green by the sea (putters balls provided)
- infinity edge swimming pool with recirculating waterfall
- hot tub
- amazing site for memorable, photogenic weddings in the waterfront Bride's Gazebo
- full staff of 7.5: Butlers (3), Chef, Groundkeeper, Housekeeper/Laundress (2), Part time housekeeper (1)
- outdoor kitchen, BBQ and bar at the point of land on the water's edge for dining under the stars
- slide and swing set for children
- wireless Internet
- complimentary computer and fax
- DSS television system ... sound system with music channels
- DVD, big-screen television with surroundsound, library of movies
- Norstar telephone system with intercoms to bedrooms, kitchen, staff quarters
- electronic security and bedroom safes
- wheelchair accessible bedroom on ramped Lower Level
- check-in time 3pm and check-out is 11am