Set on five acres of gently sloping land with sea view and surrounded by manicured lawns, today's Great River House is the product of a massive renovation in 2008. Great River House is located in a private gated neighborhood of other upscale villas, the entire property is fenced and entered through wrought iron gates, ensuring complete privacy. Read More
Built in 1956 by a member of the Dupont family, a renovation by modernist architect Tom Reed combines elegance, an expansive pool terrace, state-of-the-art technology including wireless Internet throughout, and cable televisions.
Locally-crafted mahogany furniture reflects an old Jamaica ambience, complemented by contemporary designer fabrics, a chefs kitchen, and Kohler en-suite bathrooms with water tiles. Interiors are distinguished by artwork by famous illustrator Arthur Taylor, George Rodrique and original botanical and Jamaican watercolors and oils. The large serpentine pool features an infinity waterfall edge, fountain, expansive stone terrace and divided shallow childrens pool.
Candlelight dinners are served in an interior air-conditioned dining room where guests may enjoy a view over the pool and its infinity edge to the sea beyond. Meals may also be served al fresco on the 2,400-square-foot pool terrace. The chef treats guests to fresh fish and grilled lobster, and everyone's favorite, jerk pork and chicken prepared on our own jerk drum.
Various nooks and crannies are thoughtfully provided for individual escapes. A flower-filled side courtyard with out-door shower offers a special hideaway for rejuvenating spa treatments on request.
All five bedrooms have mahogany floors, fine linens, pillow menus, quiet remote control air conditioning, ceiling fans, iPod docks and are wired for Internet. Bathrooms feature Kohler fixtures, wall sprays and rain tile showers.
Master Bedroom - 400 sq ft
Antique Jamaican 4-poster kingsize bed, and sliding doors to a private verandah with Caribbean Sea view. Cable television. 200-square-foot en suite bathroom with walk-in shower, side and overhead water tiles, and marble vanity with his and hers sink basins. Opens to pool terrace, also to private terrace.
Sea View Bedroom
Kingsize bed; en-suite bathroom with walk-in Turkish tiled shower, rain tiles and his and hers sink basins. Cable television. Private terrace with view of Caribbean Sea and garden. Connecting door to Garden View Bedroom for parent-child suite. Safe for valuables.
Garden View Bedroom
Optional kingsize or twin beds; also twin bed sleep sofa for a child. En suite bathroom with tub/shower combination. Connecting door to Sea View Bedroom for parent-child suite. Garden view.
Tennis View Bedroom
Kingsize bed; en suite bath with walk-in shower and rain tiles. Writing desk and over-stuffed reading chair. Overlooks tennis court and garden.
Lower Level Bedroom
Optional kingsize or twin beds in very private bedroom. En-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower with ceiling and wall rain tiles, marble counter with his hers double sink basins. Writing desk. Opens to private patio and seating area with garden view.
A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast. Round Hill offers a jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, beach bar, piano bar, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party, Continental cuisine in the hotel restaurant ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace. For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, tennis courts, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, a range of water sports and parties (Monday beach party and Friday Jamaica Night).
Note: Round Hill will be closed September 8 to October 14, 2015
Round Hill was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world." Read Less
- 5.5 baths
- Air conditioning
- Pool: Heated
- Internet: High speed wireless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- 5-bedroom, 5 full en-suite baths, 2 half baths, 7,500-square-foot private villa on 5 acres
- excellent gated neighborhood of other upscale villas
- private tennis court with pro on call (court resurfaced in November 2013)
- badminton, croquet and bocce ball
- full staff: chef, butler, housekeepers/laundress, gardener, night manager
- rate includes a complimentary fulltime driver
- air-conditioned family room with entertainment center
- bar and icemaker
- complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
- cable televisions and DVD player
- CD player and 4-speaker sound system with iPod, iPad and flash drive connection. Two additional outdoor speakers for your iPad and iPod. Speakers can be separated and used at tennis court, pool deck or private courtyard garden.
- child friendly: large lawn, swing, crib, high chair, stroller, books, games, DVDs, kiddie pool area
- Jamaican fire pit for bonfires, story-telling, smores and marshmallow roasts
- Round Hill membership: complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents children, jogging trail, Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: Pineapple Kids Club, fitness room, tennis, hair salon spa, bars restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri