On floors of cool Jamaican marble in hues of gray, pink, cream and salmon; rich mahogany; high ceilings and lovely antiques ~ Knockando evokes a sense of old Jamaica updated with contemporary comforts and amenities.
The living room opens wide to the heart of the house ~ a 1,300-square-foot verandah with generous seating areas in white canvas on oversize bamboo sofas and chairs under five ceiling fans. At one end of the verandah is a bamboo wet bar, icemaker, fridge and cable television. Read More
Knockando is Gaelic. It refers to the distillery in Speyside, Scotland, renowned as home of the finest single malt scotch in the world.
Maximum desired occupancy is 13 guests. All bathrooms provide hair dryers. All bedrooms and Olivia’s Treehouse feature state-of-the-art remote control air conditioning. All bedrooms except Treetops offer flat screen cable TV.
Master Bedroom (650 square feet)
Kingsize bed; walk-through dressing room with padded mahogany spindle crib; en-suite bathroom with bidet; large walk-in shower with double showerheads. Adjoins Middle Bedroom to create a convenient parent-child suite on request.
2 queensize beds; en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination. Dressing room has interior passage to Master Bedroom via door that may left open or locked in the night for privacy.
*Blue Room (400 square feet)
Kingsize bed; en-suite bathroom with double-sink and wheelchair accessible, newly renovated zero-entry shower with bench. Interior hallway to small room with one twin bed for child,* nanny or other adult. Connecting pocket door may be left open or closed in the night. If occupied, bathroom is shared by all 3 guests.
Queensize bed in romantic bedroom on very private upper level, parquet floor, walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with open-air pink marble shower with sea view. Wraparound wood plank balcony. Gorgeous views on three sides.
The Cottage (400 square feet)
Freestanding building across the lawn. Queensize bed; sound system; desk; wet bar and fridge; wood plank floors and bookshelves. En-suite-bathroom, booster toilet with side rails, wheelchair accessible zero-entry shower and bench, Jacuzzi bathtub. Excellent accessible accommodation.
Olivia's Treehouse *
Down one flight of stairs and directly under Treetops (good upstairs-downstairs suite for parents and children). Fanciful playroom/bedroom beloved by children. Bunk beds with side rails; trundle beds for two more. TV, DVD player children’s movies, stuffed animals, books, toys, games, blackboard, little sink and toilet. (Not really in a tree.) The entire property is child-friendly and has baby gates to limit unsupervised access to the pool area.
A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast. Round Hill offers a jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, beach bar, piano bar, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party, Continental cuisine in the hotel restaurant ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace. For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, tennis courts, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, a range of water sports and parties (Monday beach party and Friday Jamaica Night).
Note: Round Hill will be closed September 8 to October 14, 2015
Round Hill was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world." Read Less
- 6 baths
- Air conditioning
- Pool: Heated
- Internet: High speed wireless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- deluxe 5½-bedroom private villa atop prestigious Round Hill … plus*
- staff of 5: chef, butler, housekeeper, gardener, personal laundress
- 20' X 40' private saltwater pool with pool toys and unique mosaic Chinese dragon design
- outdoor, poolside shower on the pool deck
- Wi-Fi Internet throughout
- 7 flat screen televisions with full cable programming
- 2 DVD players, CDs and DVDs for parents and children
- sound system in living room, dining room, verandah, pool terace
- excellent chef for all preferences; deluxe Lynx grill for steaks, chops, fish, chicken and lobster
- accessible: ramp, electric wheelchair, Rascal scooter, 3 zero-entry bathrooms and showers, bench, toilet boosters and grab bars
- child friendly: wonderful children’s playroom/bedroom... Olivia's Treehouse*
- complimentary crib, high chair, booster seat
- nearby nanny’s bedroom and bathroom
- 2 complimentary four-seat golf carts for transport to beach
- US $100 cash for non-motorized water sports, compliments of the homeowner
- ROUND HILL MEMBERSHIP: complimentary use of the new Round Hill gym and $25 daily fee is waived for Knockando guests (paid by the homeowner), complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents children, jogging trail, Manager's Cocktail Party every Wednesday. For various fees: Pineapple Kids Club, tennis, hair salon spa, bars restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties every Monday and Friday.
- TRYALL CLUB MEMBERSHIP: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, new Usain Bolt Games Room for kids, teens adults, jogging trail, afternoon tea Manager's Cocktail Party every Monday. For various fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon spa, bars restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports, beach parties twice every week.