SCOTCH ON THE ROCKS is a charming turquoise villa overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Its ideal location is a privately-nestled cove between two of Jamaica’s most prestigious hotels: Royal Plantation 5-star boutique hotel and the legendary Jamaica Inn. Read More
Scotchie, as it is affectionately called, was originally built by the late Scottish Lord, The Earl of Mansfield. Today it is owned by members of the Red Stripe Beer family. Present owners have extensively renovated the home with concentration on accommodating families. Victorian fretwork and warm mahogany floors are original, while Italian Travertine reflects recent renovations. Interior design is a tasteful eclectic mix of high-tech amenities combined with Jamaican and English antiques.
The iconic gathering place is the large furnished verandah overlooking the vast expanse of deep blue Caribbean Sea that is Scotchie's "front yard." Sitting here genuinely feels like lounging on the deck of a ship with nothing in sight but blue sea and sky. It's heaven.
Stone steps lead from the main house down a slope to a private cove and fabulous crystal clear cove, wonderful for swimming, floating, snorkeling and kayaking. Beside the waterfront deck is an outdoor shower. The gardener will place chaises on the seaside deck and the butler will serve lunch there if you wish to stay on the waterfront all day.
Scotchie’s wonderful cook and butler merit special mention. Mealtimes here are memorable thanks to Cherie’s wonderful cooking and Bryan’s excellent service.
All bedrooms include closet safes, excellent state-of-the-art split system air conditioning and plasma TV.
MASTER BEDROOM ~ 12’ x 18’
Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with bidet and Travertine marble bathtub-shower combination;
dressing room with second vanity and sink. Cable television. Walk-in closet. Private balcony, glorious sea view.
BEDROOM 2 ~ 12’ x 12’
Queensize bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. Private balcony with lovely sea view.
12’ x 12’ En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
BEDROOM 3 ~ 12’ x 12’
Queensize bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. Private balcony with garden and sea view.
Optional kingsize or twin beds; plasma television, DVD. En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
Opens to verandah.
In adjoining building connected to Main House by stairway to kitchen and doorway to garden.
Four twin beds. En-suite bathroom with bathtub-shower combination. TV, DVD, games. Favorite room for teenagers!
Resort Passes include use of gym, beach, sea sports, pools and restaurants
US$350 per couple per day (10am - 6pm)
US$300 per couple per day (6pm - 2am)
US$45 per court per 60 minutes
These fees are only required if you choose to have access to Royal Plantation. Adults 18 and older only.
US$51 per person per week for use of gym only. (Adults 18 and older)
Click Here for Floor Plan Read Less
- 5 baths
- Air conditioning
- Internet: High speed wireless
- DVD Player
- deluxe waterfront villa in Ocho Rios with 5 air-conditioned bedrooms
- magnificent swimming, breathtaking all-day ocean views, glorious sunsets
- full staff: butler, cook, assistant cook, housekeeper/laundress, gardener
- wonderful private cove with clear turquoise water
- over-the-water deck for hours of sunning, swimming, snorkeling
- 2 complimentary 2-seater sea kayaks
- complimentary snorkel gear
- private pool
- cable television, DVD players
- wireless Internet (bring your laptop)
- complimentary calls to the US, Canada and land lines in the UK
- Royal Plantation 5-star award-winning boutique hotel next door: special rates for Scotchie guests for gym, beach, sea sports, pools, tennis and restaurants
- Couples Sans Souci: special rates for Scotchie guests for use of gym
- Sandals Grande Ocho Rios beach and golf resort 5-minute drive
- Sandals Upton Golf Course 10-minute drive
- Breezes Runaway Bay Golf Course 20-minute drive
- luxuriously private yet 10 minutes from bustling Ocho Rios, shopping, water sports, bars and restaurants, night life, Dolphin Cove and Dunn’s River Falls
- family friendly, child friendly