$975 - 2,286 per night
SERENITY is one of the most beloved and often revisited villas on Jamaica's beautiful north coast. Its prize location is a waterfront acre 8 miles west of Montego Bay. Read More
In Caribbean-style architecture, spaces are defined by airy octagonal gazebos and high cedar ceilings. Pretty blue and white fabrics and cool marble floors are throughout. Each bedroom opens to a sitting area for private afternoon naps or all-day gazing at the changing light on the Caribbean Sea ~ practically at your doorstep.
Eye-opener coffee trays are silently presented outside each bedroom door while guests are still asleep. Morning walks down the long beach are energizing. Sunset beach walks are beautiful. Nighttime walks to the point reveal the sparkling lights of the town of Montego Bay across the water.
Four bedrooms and the living room are connected by a long furnished marble verandah. The verandah adjoins the pool terrace, where cool drinks and evening hors d`oeuvres are served under the palm trees. Most weeks, a special treat is dinner on the beach.
Just beyond the verandah and pool, a terraced walkway leads to the second of 2 outdoor showers, lower waterfront terrace, beach and sea. On calm evenings, you may see our local fishermen laying their nets by torchlight. If the night produces a good catch, they’ll return early in the morning with fresh fish or lobster to sell to the Serenity cook for tonight’s dinner.
Serenity shares a basketball hoop and private tennis court with neighboring Tranquillity (bring racquets and balls). Combining Serenity and Tranquillity creates a 10-bedroom compound with 2 pools, tennis court, long beachfront and staff of 10. Beyond Tranquility is our glamorous neighbor, Noble House on the Beach, which accommodates 8 or 10 more guests. Combining these 3 homes creates a 15-bedroom compound with 3 pools, tennis court, long beachfront and staff of 18. This remarkable waterfront trio is a favorite for weddings and family reunions. All 3 villas are child friendly and very private from each other.
100 yards offshore is Holden's Reef, a continuation of the barrier reef complex that fronts much of Jamaica's north coast. Easily reachable by kayak, this live reef is home to a myriad of tropical fish and corals. At low tide, portions protrude above the water so you can step from your kayak to snorkel in shallow water. On the ocean side, deeper waters beckon the more adventurous or scuba equipped.
If you`ve left your pets behind while you take a vacation, be advised that Serenity is home to our beloved pups, Spot (brown white Jamaica dog) and Wrinkles (beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback). They love children and will romp with you on the beach.
To drift off to sleep to the sound of waves lapping on the beach is a dream come true at Serenity.
Three 400-square-foot bedrooms are equal in size ~ soft and romantic with kingsize beds and Ralph Lauren wallpapers. Six softly-curtained French doors open from each bedroom to the long verandah and view of the sea just steps away. The smaller fourth bedroom is located between the Master Bedroom and Bedroom 2. All bedrooms are air-conditioned.
Kingsize bed, cable television. En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and double sink vanity. Opens to large covered very private verandah where guests will find their eye-opener coffee tray each morning.
Kingsize bed, cable television, right next to the swimming pool. Mirrored en-suite bathroom has walk-in shower.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, cable television. En-suite bathroom has deep bathtub and shower combination. Also a very private whimsical second shower in a walled garden (favorite of parents and children alike). This bedroom connects to Bedroom 4 for the convenience of family units.
Bedroom 4 ~ 200 square feet
Optional kingsize or twin beds, cable television, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. A connecting door opens to the Bedroom 3 (with bathtub) for convenience of parents and children. A louvred window also opens between these connecting rooms. Parents or nannies can adjust the louvers to stay open or closed in the night. Bedroom 4 is suitable for adults or children.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that Round Hill beach membership will be available after October 30, 2014.
A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast. Round Hill offers a jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, beach bar, piano bar, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party, Continental cuisine in the hotel restaurant ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace. For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, tennis courts, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, a range of water sports and parties (Monday beach party and Friday Jamaica Night).
Note: Round Hill will be closed September 8 to October 14, 2015
Round Hill was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world." Read Less
- 4 baths
- Air conditioning
- Pool: Heated
- Internet: High speed wireless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- HEATED POOL ~ solar heat panels installed November 2011
- wonderful 4-bedroom/4 bathroom beachfront villa
- 12' x 30' private pool and over-the-beach waterfront terrace
- excellent staff: cook, butler, housekeeper, night watchman, laundress
- complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
- 2 complimentary sea kayaks, snorkels, masks, flippers
- tennis court shared with neighboring Tranquillity on the Beach
- 5 cable televisions including 32" plasma in living room
- DVD, VCR, CD player and 4-speaker sound system
- library of movies and music CD’s
- closet safes, hairdryers, bathrobes
- child friendly: beach toys, crib, high chair, booster seats, children’s books and movies
- handicap accessible
- complimentary overseas calls to US, UK and Canada
- solar water heater, solar pool heater
- 2 open-air showers
- Round Hill membership: complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents children, jogging trail, Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: Pineapple Kids Club, fitness room, tennis, hair salon spa, bars restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri
- The Tryall Club membership: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, new Usain Bolt Games Room for kids, teens adults, jogging trail, afternoon tea Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon spa, bars restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri