HALE MAR, HILO, HAWAII
Hale Mar is located on the exotic Puna peninsula of the Big Island of Hawaii, in the sunny Hawaiian Paradise Park area, 20 minutes south of Hilo. The Big Island is known for its pristine natural beauty, serenity, Kona coffee and macadamia nuts, as well as its active volcano, world class observatory and sparkling black sand beaches! Read More
AN EXQUISITE RESIDENCE FEATURING:
- 2200 square foot Luxury vacation home.
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath.
- 100' of spectacular ocean frontage to crashing surf.
- Direct, gated ocean access, and sweeping views of Kaloli Point, migrating whales and dolphins.
- Built in 2003 to "mainland" standards, and conscientiously maintained and upgraded.
- A 1/2 acre landscaped lot, bordered on the east by the Pacific Ocean and on the north by undeveloped Ohia forest.
- Soaring high ceilings with tropical ceiling fans installed in all living areas, slate and wood laminate flooring for cool elegance.
- High end, tasteful decor, including teak, leather, woven textiles, statuary, and hand turned Ohia wood poles.
- Comprehensive, brand name home appliances: large washer and dryer, refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, microwave, full oven and toaster oven, satellite television service and DVD/VCR players, aerobic exercise equipment, bicycles, barbecue, etc.
- High speed wireless internet system with dedicated antenna tower.
- Spacious 2 car garage with automated door opener.
- Proprietary well water with sand and UV filtration system (most Big Island homes "catch" rain water).
- Municipally supplied electrical power (many Big Island homes rely on solar power).
- Every bedroom opens onto a furnished, ocean-facing Lanai (covered patio).
- 38' lap pool with waterfall feature and night lighting, fully fenced.
- 6 person Nordic hot tub, encased in slate sunbathing platform.
- Other special touches such as large walk-in closet in 1,000 sq.ft. master bedroom suite, with large raised and canopied bed platform; all tiled bathroom floors and quality fixtures; 2-seat all-tile shower in master bathroom.
- Attractive landscaping, including Seashore Paspallum lawns, native Ti trees, Hibiscus, Coconut and Arica Palms, and hand fitted Lava rock walls.
- Quiet neighborhood of single family retiree and vacation homes.
A LIVING SPACE SURROUNDED BY THE SIGHTS, SOUNDS, AND FEEL OF THE OCEAN.
- Spacious rooms, high ceilings, panoramic views.
- Resort quality furnishings, luxury linens.
- TV/CD/DVD player, iPod dock, satellite TV.
- 2 bicycles, full washer/dryer, Weber BBQ.
- Free High Speed Wireless Internet.
THE DINING AREA
- Indoor dining room can seat up to 8 people and is located by large windows looking out to the pool and ocean.
- Outdoors you'll find tables and chairs on the lanais, and a large Weber charcoal grill. You'll love the fresh ocean breeze and the crashing surf.
- Airy, slate-tiled kitchen with full sized refrigerator with ice maker, large oven and range, microwave, dishwasher, blender, coffee maker, toaster, and gourmet selection of kitchenware, with a 4 seat serving/dining "bar" and sea/garden views.
- Fantastic local ingredients are close at hand: visit nearby Farmers' Markets for tropical fruit, nuts, coffee and goat cheese, and pick up fresh-from-the ocean catch of the day at Pahoa Fresh Fish, Malama Market or Suisan on the dock in Hilo.
Stunning, panoramic ocean views in every room. Sleeps 7 people.
BALI - MASTER BEDROOM
- Hand-carved wood furnishings including King-size bed on platform with Ohia wood canopy, ceiling fan, TV/CD/DVD, en-suite tiled bathroom with rain shower, walk-in closet, spacious private oceanfront balcony, plus a small futon couch.
KEY WEST - BEDROOM 2
- Tropical white cedar wood furnishings with Double bed, cool slate floor, ceiling fan, and direct acess onto covered, oceanfront lanai with seating and direct access to pool.
KONA - BEDROOM 3
- A private enclave with Single bed in the warm colors of old Hawaii, opening onto its own lanai with direct ocean view and pool/hot tub access.
- With ocean view and lanai/pool access, includes a double air mattress and a single Cot for optional use as an extra bedroom. Also includes large desk, fax machine/printer, phone, small wall safe, and high speed wireless Internet access (available throughout house and garden).
BIG ISLAND RECREATION
ASTRONOMY AND SKIING AT MAUNA KEA
- Mauna Kea (Hawaiian for 'white mountain') is a 13,796' (4205 meter) volcanic mountain whose summit sometimes gets a skiable/boardable mantle of snow. There are no lifts, no grooming, no resort, but a road goes to the summit to serve the dozen or so world class observatories located at the top. February - March are the best months for snow.
SNORKELING AT THE TIDEPOOLS
- The Wall Street Journal "Off the Beaten Track" recommends a day trip to the Kapoho Tide Pools, 15 minutes south of Hale Mar. Stretching almost a mile down the coast, reached by a gorgeous drive through the jungle, this vast acreage of unique natural pools are a little-known wonderland that can be explored by foot or fin, featuring a wide variety of fish and coral, including the occasional giant sea turtle... and some pools are even volcanically heated!
- The Big Island is horseback riding heaven, with expansive rolling countryside, gorgeous scenery and happy Hawaiian horses. Even fox hunting is available.
- There are about 20 golf courses on the Big Island of Hawaii. Hapuna Golf Course is the home of EWG's Hawaii chapter; Hualalai Golf Club is a challenging Jack Nicklaus design. Closest to Hale Mar is the Discovery Harbour Golf & CC, Sea Mountain Golf Course, Volcano Golf & CC, Hamakua CC, Naniloa CC and the Hilo Municipal Golf Course. Read Less
- Bed sizes: 1 King, 1 Double, 1 Twin
- 2 baths
- Internet: High speed wireless
- Staff: Home Manager
- CD Player
- DVD Player